Ice Cream Social

Joseph - South Beloit, Illinois

I believe people in today’s society worry too much about the little things. We express our feelings sometimes when we shouldn’t; we cry, we shout, we bleed, we stomp. We embarrass ourselves in some of the most ridiculous places. I truly feel sorry for those people, and when I see someone with such distress, I look at them and say…

I believe all of life problems can be solved with a fat scoop of ice cream.

I grew up in a house full of six Italians; my mother, sister, brother, grandmother, uncle, and myself, not too mention all of the crazy neighbors and friends that would fluently stop by, so you could say I have had a handful of problems since early childhood. At about the age of five I started getting myself into some sticky situations. For instance, thinking back to my fifth birthday, I was having a party at Little Caesars Play Place. Oh boy was it fun, Little Caesars was heavily equipped with Jungle Gyms, Arcade Games, Amusement Rides, and of course PIZZA! Yet, that wasn’t at the top of my list. As my mom called my friends and I back from our “Lolly Gagging,” I noticed the biggest stack of presents I have ever seen in my life, stacked right next to my huge Power Rangers cake displaying Jason, the infamous Red Ranger. Running back to my seat, directly in front of my stack o’ presents, I slipped on an excess piece of wrapping paper. Trying to catch myself, I grabbed for the closest thing possible. To my dismay, I grabbed onto my Power Rangers cake, squishing yellow custard cake, with a detailed gel Red Ranger, through my tiny little fingers. Once I noticed what I had just done, water soon started to trickle down my cheeks, followed by a loud screeching noise that could probably wake a hibernating bear. One of the employees must have noticed my little accident, and rushed out Waffle Cones with birthday cake ice cream stiffed to the top. I immediately hushed my mouth, wiped my face moist free.

I believe Ice Cream can take you mind of the small stuff, and bring you back up to happiness. Not only if it’s a substitute for cake…yet, that’s always good.