Positive Attitude

Haley - Roscoe, Illinois
Themes: hope

I believe in keeping a positive attitude even in the most negative situations. By keeping a positive attitude, the situation will eventually get better. At times it is hard to keep a positive attitude but the more determination you have, the better things will become. Although today’s world is negative and often seems as though there is no hope, try to keep your head high.

Not many people these days say to keep a positive attitude when going through a bad situation. My experience is even though something may seem absolutely horrible and there may be no way you can ever see a way to stay positive; it is possible to keep your chin up. It is possible for the most pessimistic person to be able to keep a positive attitude.

I believe that if you keep a positive attitude that your situation will get better. Whether it be fighting with your parents to losing a close friend, there is always a way to keep a positive attitude. By having a negative attitude, your situation will possibly worsen. Maybe one day everyone throughout the world will have a more positive attitude toward life, instead of being pessimistic about so much.

The world today is extremely pessimistic when it comes to the ongoing suicidal War on Terror in the torrential heat of the Middle East. The world suspects that it will only continue to go down hill and it will be years before the situation has signs of getting better. If the world had a more positive outlook, things might get better for those countries. I know when I watch the news and see everything going on, my first instinct is to get really negative about it and think it will never get better.

Occasionally I think to myself, “Well no one really knows for sure if it will get better or worse, there is only hope and a positive mind that can determine that.” There is always hope in the worst situations, whether people want to believe it or not. The situation in the Middle East may get better. No one is entirely sure. I believe that there is hope. It is possible to keep a positive attitude, even in the most horrible situations. Now that is what I believe.