True Friendship

Lindsey - roscoe, Illinois

True Friendship

I believe that friendship is the greatest thing a person can have in their life. My friends have gotten me through tough times. Also, the majority of my finest memories are with my best friends. My few best friends can be trusted with my deepest darkest secretes. Therefore I believe that true friendship can last forever.

I believe I started making friends almost right after I was born. I became friends with my parents, siblings, cousins, grandparents, and neighbors. It started off with a smile at the park and soon I was playing like I had known the stranger forever.

I believe the older that I get the more important and serious my friendships will become. Without friendship my life would be uninteresting and lonesome. That’s why I believe that treating my friends well and not taking them for granted is very important.

I believe that true friendship is worth keeping even if your one hundred to one thousand miles apart. My best friends and I are going to different colleges and one will be going half way across the country. We have been best friends since freshman and sophomore year when we all made our high school cheerleading team. Even though we are complete opposites we understand each other and will always go along with the others crazy plans. We have cheered and been together for the last four years: they are the people I can trust with secretes, the people I spend majority of my time with, and they are the people I will never forget. Although we look and act different from when we fist met, although high school and cheerleading is ending, and although we are all moving on with our lives; I know that we will still be friends for the rest of my life.

I believe this because my mother is still good friends with the girls she went to high school with. Even though they live across the country they still will get together whenever they all have a chance, and I know that if they ever ran into each other on the street they would pick up from where they left off.

I believe that true friendship can last forever and I plan on it lasting forever. We will visit each other at college and where ever we end I up I know we will keep in touch; because I believe that true friendship can last forever.