No Regrets

Katlynn - Roscoe, Illinois
Themes: carpe diem

This I believe

When I was a young, I got caught steeling lipstick from a supermarket. Unfortunately I am lucky enough to not get taken away in a cop car because my mom caught me before anyone else did. I was standing in the aisle when my mom turned around and saw my lips were bright red. She asked me where I had gotten that lipstick and I tried pulling it off like I didn’t know what she was talking about. Then she looked in my pockets and found the lipstick and made me tell someone at the cash register. My mom ended up paying for it but I learned my lesson not to steel because I sure was embarrassed.

In high school I had this massive crush on this boy who was tall, had long shaggy brown hair, and very skinny. Come to find out when we got our second semester classes we had U.S History together. We ended up starting to talk and then dating. We got really close but after awhile things ended up not working out, but I still liked him a lot. He met another girl who happens to be really pretty and nice, but we never seemed to be friends, just acquaintances. They started talking and getting close but one night we saw each other at party. We were hanging out and talking and I still having a crush on him did something really stupid. He told me he was not talking to her so I didn’t think it was a big deal we kissed. I established they were still talking and I felt horrible. Especially since I wouldn’t ever want to be in that predicament.

Just last week I told my mom a lie. She thought I was staying the night at my friend’s house but I really stayed at my boyfriends. When she asked me I tried denying it but didn’t get away with it. She drove past my friend’s house to see if my car was there. She called me and asked where I was and I said my friends she said no your not. At that point I knew she had to of drove by so I was screwed. I lied to her knowing we have a really close relationship and now she says it will be hard for her to believe me.

I have made plenty of mistakes in life that I am sure any human has done too. I believe you should not look back on life and wish you would have done things different. You only live your life once so you should love every moment of it, therefore live your life with no regrets.