Paige - Roscoe, Illinois

Pain. The pain in my feet.

Exhaustion. Exhilarating all strengths.

Performance. Expressing my emotion.

Over 14 years I have fallen in love. In love with the constant pain in my body, the exhaustion I exert everyday, and the performance I wait for, to share my love with the world. I fulfill my dreams to share them with the audience. I open up my heart for you. I believe love can heal battle wounds and love can give one numerous opportunities. Through every single life, love is found, this I believe. People lust for love and love is real. Everyday I express my love through the work I put into dancing, the amount of time I put into dancing, and the amount of passion I put into my dancing. Every year I wait for the day I show case the love I feel for dance. Dance allows me to feel the sense of relief. When my body moves to the beat of music all my tribulations disappear, giving me a chance to live in the moment. I allow my body to do the talking, not my voice.

As I continue to dance my limbs move along with the rhythms and counts of the music. The tempo beats like drums within my heart and continue through the tips of my toes. This type of love allows me to demonstrate my character, personality, and inspirations to my audience. I am grateful to have the ability of both dancing and being passionate about dancing. As I get older and as my body becomes stronger, I feel the strength of love amplify as the beats get faster, stronger.

While I persist to stride forward, as my life passes me by, I know I can slow things down, take a step back and reflect on my life while I stand in the studio. Looking at my emotion filled self in a room walled with mirrors, I see someone who has gone full circle. I have gone through the positions in ballet to learning a life lesson. Dance has taught me the feeling of letting go and allowing my body to tell my story. I believe dance has given me my first look in to devotion and turning wounds into beautiful scars, scars of memory and love. Everyday I lust to fall in love, in fact I am blessed enough to say I have fallen in love, and my love can only grow stronger and deeper. This I believe has made me into the beautiful dancer I am today and encourages me to continue my love of dancing.