The Search for Love

Ashley - Rockford, Illinois
Themes: love

The Search for Love

To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all. This I believe.

Love: kind, careful, cruel, and empowering.

I believe through every woman’s life, she will face difficult decisions

about who her true love is, how it can be found, and how it lasts.

Will I ever find true love?

Love is indescribable. Some believe in love at first sight, but how can this be?

Sadly, I once thought I found the perfect boy. Because his personality dug into my heart, because his touch made my heart flutter, because his passion in his words captured my attention, I thought he was the “one”. But honestly this so called love thing I talk about, the question remains. Realistic or merely fantasy?

Just the other night, my heart broke in two once again. Through a simple message of “I don’t feel the same as you”, the tears began rolling down my face. It seemed routine, getting my heart broken over and over, but I realized that a positive lesson can always be derived from something negative.

Since all the achey breaky heartbreaks, I learned how love cannot be found, all the wrong steps towards love, and how guys tend to break off into excuses of not loving me. “Don’t worry baby, it’s not you. It’s me.” Well, honestly these words mean absolutely nothing. The excuses remain disappointing and hurtful.

However, I have evolved into a strong and confident woman and know what I am capable of. I have so much to offer and so much to gain from love. My personal failures of love taught me how to cope with my true feelings and move on to better possibilities. Love will find its own way into my life whether it’s in college or at a simple place like a coffee shop. I know the love bug will crawl around for sometime, but it will bite sooner or later.

I am positive that other women felt the same way towards love as I have over the years. The same questions run through our minds: Is there something wrong with me? Am I the reason we did not fall in love? Could I possibly change anything I did or said? Furthermore, all of these exemplify how a woman blames themselves first instead of thinking its just not the right time yet. Love should not obtain difficulty; love should be easy. Obviously, this will never be the case through the journey to love.

Lessons of failure lead to greater things. If one lives with an open heart, love will eventually make its own way in.