I Believe in Brotherhood, Schlarship, and Service

Charles - Greensboro, North Carolina

I Believe in Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service

I am a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated, and I strongly believe in our principles of Brotherhood, Scholarship, and Service. Theses 3 principles play an important role in my everyday life in and out of the fraternity. I believe brotherhood is a very close and passionate fellowship that brings you together and establishes a strong friendship and a family type relationship. Brotherhood is a very important relationship to have because a brother is one who not only looks out for you; he also helps and ensures you are being the best you can be in life. Being a member of Phi Beta Sigma the brothers I have around me not only correct me when I’m wrong, they uplift me when I’m down and we always have that bond that can never be broken.

I believe in scholarship and that it is truly a constant pursuit of knowledge and development of keen judgment. Scholarship is very important to me and I believe that everyone should try to be the best scholar they can possible be. Knowledge is a very important factor of a scholar because they not only absorb and learn the information they teach what they know to other so they also may become scholarly. Scholarship is something that should be cherished by those who are so fortunate to receive it because it’s something that can’t be taken from you and will follow you till the day you die.

I believe in service it is the keystone to a happy and care giving life. To serve other not only shapes and makes you into a better person, it helps other and can sometimes open there hearts to accept. Service has been around for year if you look in the bible Jesus based his life around serving others, it is only right to give back what you were given. Many people shy away and feel like service has to be some type of big money donation but that’s not the case. Service can be as simple as picking up garbage around the community, or teaching a group of children how to play basketball. Service is what you make of it; I just believe that service is something that should be done out of the love of serving others.