Looking at the Glass as Being Half-Full

Themes: hope

Life is so full of wonderful surprises. Sometimes those surprises can occur when we least expect them to. When life happens, I like to look at even the most horrible situations, as the glass being half full.

When I wake up late in the morning for work, and my morning is not going the way I expected it to go; and as I start to get ready to leave my house and walk outside, only to see that my car has a flat tire; I do not panic.

As I walk to the trunk of car, to get the spare to change the flat tire and realize that I don’t have a jack to change the tire; I do not dread it.

When I walk back in the house to call AAA for assistance and they tell me that the estimated time of arrival is 60-75 minutes because of the morning rush hour; I do not cuss.

When the tow truck finally arrives to change my flat tire, he tells me that he doesn’t have the correct equipment to remove the lug nuts from my tire. And he can only tow me to a service station; I do not become hysterical.

As I walk into the tire shop to get a new tire, while the man is taking my car off his flatbed, the guy at the counter in the shop tells me that it will be at least a 90 minute wait; I do not overreact.

Once I finally get my tire straighten out and make it to work, just to be told that the company is downsizing, and my job is being eliminated as of today; I do not have a fit.

So as I gather the things from my office and pack up my car to go back home, I stop and to get my mail from my post office box. Once I get home and read my mail, I come across a letter from my grandmother. As I open the letter, a check falls out of the envelope. I still don’t become emotional at this point. I continue to look at the glass as being half full.