I Believe In What Surrounds Me

Savannah - St. Charles, Missouri

Some people write in to tell of the good, bad, horrible, or even terrifying things that they have been through. Those stories can evoke real, and sincere, emotions in people. I don’t have any stories like that. My life has been what some may call “normal.” I do have one thing in life though. Love.

Since I have no story to share, I thought I would take a shot at describing what love means to me. Although I am only 14, I feel like I have a lot to say on the topic. I want to reach out to people, so that they can feel the wondrous emotion that can, and does, make so many people really, and truly happy in life.

Me, I’m an avid believer in love. Whether it’s from my family, friends, or random strangers, love never fails to touch me in some way. Some people don’t understand love. I don’t know if it’s because they don’t know the meaning of the word, or they just haven’t been lucky enough to feel the emotion. I feel sorry for them. I can’t begin to imagine what if must be like not to have a mom, dad, best friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, or any other person there to tell you that they love you. Even though you may not always get along with the people who you love, you have to know that deep down, that person can, and always will, love you. I know that even though my parents and I get into disagreements, we will always be okay. We can push through the little fights and squabbles, and feel happy again.

I believe, that love is everywhere. If you’re on the street, watching a movie, or reading a book, it’s there. Whether or not you choose to believe in love, and love others, is your choice, but there’s no denying that love is anywhere, and everywhere you go.

For me, it’s the little, but thoughtful, things that make me feel loved. Just now, my friend Jessica called me just to wish me a Happy Easter. Though my family and I don’t really celebrate Easter, this little message really touched me. It made me feel cared for enough that someone called to leave me a message saying that they were hoping that I had a good day.

Although people call love many different things, it means the same thing to them. The ability to love, and be loved is something that you should not take for granted. This I believe.