This I Believe in Absence

Claudia - Aurora,CO,80017, California
Themes: love, morality

The adrenaline, the body rub one upon the other, sensation and touch, the lust and moist, the glory of sex. While many show their affection of love with sexual pleasures, there are many other individuals how proclaim sex as just a type of enjoyment and fun time. For example, the meaning of sex to me is the love you have towards that special individual, that specific individual that you know you will spend the rest of your days with. My definition of sex can be completely different from someone else’s, and that is why I believe in no sex before marriage or as many people call it, abstinence.

I’m no expert, but I’ve noticed that teenagers from this generation have focused their lives on sex, as being a part of their everyday lives. I have many girlfriends that think of sex as a tool, an enjoyment that they get out of life, and a connection that they can have with their boyfriends. Personally, my decision for not having sex before marriage is mainly on my beliefs. I don’t believe that sex should be a tool of enjoyment, yes, it can be something that can connect you and your partner, but what connection must you have with a man/woman when you aren’t exactly sure if you are going to spend the rest of your life with them. We should have one partner, and that person should be the only one having contact with you. My mother has taught me to have self-respect for my own body as an individual and when the time is right I will be secure of my husband taking my virginity. I’ve been in tough situations where it’s either I let my hormones take over or I stick with my true belief. My boyfriend of now 2 years has sexual desires that he feels need to be fulfilled, yet I have refused to give in to the temptation and instead stick to my belief. I have been thankful that I know what is right and have stuck to what I believe in. Your virginity is something precious; having the ability to give that up to your husband is something wonderful and glorious. Why just give it up to the first hot guy you see at that party?

The older I get the more I realize that sticking to my belief is a way of living rather than just any belief. I respect my body and will continue to do as long as I live and get married. The desire for sex should be a matter of self control. Each person should have the right to say no, and to control their affections without falling in. Like I stated before, my definition of sex can be completely different from someone else’s or anyone else on this planet. We all act upon it and view it differently, and total respects to that. My belief is well in affect and will stay in effect until I get married, my grounds are settled and I know God will be proud. To define in better terms I have not made sex my purpose or priority in life, but to leave with one simple statement, when I view myself having sex before marriage, I stop and think, “It is quite likely that I am having sex with someone else’s future wife/husband.”