I Believe in Soul-Mates

Rebecca - Jefferson City, Missouri
Themes: love

I Believe in Soul-Mates

Marcus Aurelius said: “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.”

I believe that everybody has someone out there, who we are destined to be with. Yes, I am talking about your soul-mate. The theory of soul-mates is that they were humans that consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head with two faces. Zeus feared they were powerful and split them in half condemning them to spend the rest of their lives searching for their other half to be complete.

I have found my soul-mate. He is the one person who I have shared all my deepest secrets with, besides God. I can confide in him the things that would make others laugh at me but he does not. He is the one person who I love and who loves me unconditionally. He is my best-friend, the man of my dreams, the one I have spent my whole life searching for. He completes me, my thoughts and my sentences. Our hopes and dreams are the same.

On the day we met, it was like love at first sight. We both tried to deny it but there was always something drawing us together like magnets. The more we talked and the more time we spent together, we came to realize that we were meant for each other. I would do anything for him and he would do anything for me. He does not want to change me nor do I want to change anything about him. We accept each other as we are. We don’t judge each other’s past we just look forward to our future. He strives daily to ensure my happiness as I do his. We respect and appreciate each other and we never take the other for granted.

We have been together through some hard times, like when he was placed in isolation. He was locked away in isolation for 11 months because of our relationship. And we have had some really good times, times spent just hanging out and talking, and if we had to do it all over again, we would do it in a heartbeat. We believe that we were destined for each other by God before we ever took our first breath. Come September 28th we are getting married and we are going to spend the rest of our lives together as “one”. My soul-mate’s name is none other than Dennis Baker-Bey!