Honesty and other good things…

Daniel - Eagle, Idaho

Growing up my parents have taught me many virtues that have played a part in everything I do in life and essentially became my beliefs. My biggest virtue or belief is always being honest and telling the truth in any situation. They always told me that if I did anything wrong and was confronted about it; take responsibility for your actions. I always thought that I would get in so much more trouble if I admitted to doing something than if I lied my way out of it. Following my own advice, I lied about a lot of stupid things when I was younger instead of stepping up and taking the blame. Over time I learned to take responsibility for my wrongdoings because, I found, this saves the hassle of my parents finding out that I was guilty later on which led to a more severe punishment. I guess it’s better late than never. Honesty is what I try and live my life by. Whenever you tell the truth more than you lie, people start to have more trust and faith in you yet at the same time, honesty strengthens friendships that will last forever.

Probably my second most followed belief is chasing after what you enjoy and love in life. I think that you should go for the impossible dreams that you have and make them possible, even when people turn you and your ideas down. When others say that your dream job or career is stupid and a waste of time and energy, prove that person wrong. Even if your future job goes against the flow of everybody else, who cares, go for it. If whatever it is isn’t going to make you a millionaire, oh well, money isn’t as important as being happy and satisfied. I personally would rather be a cheery old man with friends and family than a grumpy rich man with no friends.

Everybody has his or her own beliefs. These are my beliefs, which I follow every day of my life and I try and live my life by these. They are simple beliefs yet I feel better about myself when I live my life on honesty and shooting for the stars when it comes to anything in life.