United States of America Expiration: 10/2013

Miles - Palm Springs, California

United States of America

Expiration: 10/2013

Ingredients: Corruption, Debt, Obesity, Drugs, Money, Rape, War, Murder, Abortion, Homelessness, Pollution, Unemployment, Fraud, Greed, Credit, Alcohol, Censorship, Big Business.

I believe the United States of America is injured and losing blood fast. Take a moment and really look at the United States. No not the United States you see in the movies or you read about twenty or fifty years ago. Look at the United States today, the real United States. The one you see when you drive through New York City, Baltimore, New Orleans, Los Angeles or your own city. Forget about the amber waves of grain and the purple mountains majesties. Look at what America is deep down inside. I used to believe that America was the largest most powerful country in the whole world. Are we powerful? We have a very efficient and strong military, but we lack an intelligent well education youth to fill our Congressmen and Senators shoes when they die.

In June 2008 I joined the National Guard, and was so excited I was to be serving my country. What do I believe now? That’s hard to say, as every single day we hear some new scandal or major crisis affecting America such as young teenagers having children and 13-year-old girls are becoming mothers by the age of 14. What is wrong with America?? 13-year-old children are running around having children and skipping school, taking drugs, and taking for granted everything their parents provide for them. They are our future! They are our future Congressmen and Senators, yet most of them don’t know where North Korea is or how to count back change or even the value of a dollar.

Now, I am only an eighteen year old high school senior but what’s wrong with our country? Why are parents letting their children eat at McDonalds four times a week and letting them spend hours in front of the video game system. Drugs are slowly consuming America’s youth and invading our public education system. Greed is shutting down the US economy; we have large CEOs taking their bonuses and jetting down to the Caribbean while their company lays off 250,000 hardworking honest Americans. I believe we need major reform; we need new members of Congress, younger and poorer members. Members that have grown up seeing what is wrong and knowing what is needed to repair our country before it’s too late. I believe there still is hope for the United States however that hope is running out fast.