Friendship

Chris - Midlothian, Virginia

Friendship

I believe in friendship. True friends are hard to come by these days and you never know who you can really trust. I’m fortunate that I’ve actually gotten to be around such good people. I’m truly blessed with the friends I’ve been given.

I was once labeled as a nark by the group of people I had come to call my friends. We had gotten into some trouble involving drugs and the law and everyone decided I was the reason we got caught. They didn’t only believe that but they assumed I had actually told on all of them when I didn’t. I had no one. They were making my life as hard as possible. I couldn’t go anywhere without running the risk of seeing someone who didn’t like me.

I did my best to meet new people and I found out that that was probably the best decision I’d ever made. I met the best people possible. They were always there for me when I got upset and always ready to have a good time. Not only did I have people to hang out with, they defended me when people tried starting things. Whenever I needed any kind of help they were always there to lend a hand. I did everything I could for them too, I truly care about these people. They came and saved me from my loneliness and gave me the chance that no one else would.

It was these people that made me believe that there are good people out there. These people showed me that if you try hard to be a good friend it will be returned. With friends like mine I can take on the world and nothing can hurt me. I’m truly blessed to know the people I know. I can always count on them and as a result they can count on me for whatever. I believe in friendship because I’ve been shown what true friendship is. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. This just goes to show you that when you have true friends that really care about you, the world will seem like such a better place.