I Believe in an Adrenaline Rush

Braden - Medford, Oregon
Themes: pleasure, sports

I grew up with three older brothers. Growing up, I fallowed in their footsteps trying to play football, basketball, soccer, and baseball hoping to become a greater athlete than my brothers. It was sport after sport that I couldn’t beat them. Although I was good at the sports I attempted, I was never good enough to surpass my brothers in most activities. I was never good enough because I could never stay in the same city long enough to practice as much as I wanted. After moving through five different states, my family and I finally settled in Medford, Oregon where the hobby of motorcycle riding quickly came. I believe in motorcycles. About four years ago on Thanksgiving Day, I went to the White City Ponds to go ride motorcycles with my buddy Mike. I knew not the reason why we were not with our family’s on this joyous day I know not. The White City Ponds is a flatland that has two or three dirt jumps and hundreds of water ponds, if it previously rained. This particular day seemed to be more wet usual twenty degrees colder! This did not stop my friend and I from riding because it was what we loved. After hours and hours of riding our dirt bikes, we decided that getting wetter and colder was not worth that much love. Our dirt bikes are not street legal so we ended up having to walk our bikes back home, which was about a thirty minute walk, in our wet clothes and what seemed to be our frozen feet. Finally after that long day we got home, we were able to rest. We went to our separate showers to clean the mud off our bodies, which in turn wasn’t a very long shower. We came out just as fast as we went in. Our feet were so cold that they were on fire. Mike’s mom told us that if we stayed out another hour or so that we would have got frost bite on our feet! After the care of his mom and eating the delicious food she made us, we realized that even though the riding was miserable, and weather was bad, it ended up being a great day because we were doing what we loved and nothing else mattered. I realized that day that motorcycle riding is my sport. It is disappointing to never be better than your brothers in a sport. Growing up, I never was better than any of them in anything, but now I am better than them at something. I love motorcycles and the thrill they give me every time I get on one. The kind of rush I get on a motorcycle is like non other I have ever experienced. I feel as comfortable on my motorcycle as I do walking down the street. I believe motorcycle riding is my drug, and my happiness.