I belive in playing to win.

Kathryn - Phoenix, Arizona

I believe in playing to win. Life without it is like being stuck in the mud, dropping out of the race right before reaching the finish line, drowning and giving up right before resurfacing. It makes life worthless, tedious, and depressing. It is a choice that is worth making. It is a passion, an aspiration, a drive, and an ability to live each day the way it deserves to be lived. It is giving everything that is possible and not understanding the words quit or giving up. It is the ability to push through whatever life dishes out. Even when we may seem down and out, it is the ability to do everything it takes to try to win. We do lose occasionally, no matter how hard we try, but as long as we can hold our heads high and be proud of how hard we worked, then we won. This is why I believe in playing to win because I know it is what drives me in school, and I know that it keeps me going in my daily life.

I always play to win in the classroom. It is what drives me in a normal day of school, even when the material may seem too hard, or I may have too much homework. I feel as though it is a way of thinking, and I know it works in classes because I do not permit myself to get off task. I can do it allows me to inspire, focus and have willpower to do whatever I set my mind to. It is what drives me, pushes me, and makes me take that one last step to be successful in every aspect of my life.

Playing to win is in every aspect of a normal day for me. I experience it no matter what I am doing. I know it is an attitude that works for me. I can only learn if I tell myself or if others tell me what I have done wrong and how to improve it. I understand it is a way of life, but it takes hard work, dedication, and practice to get to where I can truly get what I want and be satisfied with the results. I am never one hundred percent satisfied though, and that is why I need the motivation and determination to keep pushing me to the next day to work harder because I know that the next day, I will have more dreams, more goals, and more things that I want to do.

If I am stuck in the mud I keep pushing through every last step till I am free. If I feel every bit of my body is spent and I cannot finish the race, this is when I dig deep and find the motivation to put one foot in front of the other till I am over that line. If I am drowning and feel as though I have lost all hope that is when I find the determination that drives me, and I find the surface to fill my lungs with victory. I play to win and nothing can stop me because it is my way of life. It is what makes life worth living to have the ability to do my best even when it does not seem possible. I work harder and harder when things get tough instead of giving up. Pushing myself as hard as I can, I always allow myself to learn new things and allow those things that work in my advantage. I realize that it is not whether I win or lose, it is how I play the game. This is why in each step of my life I live it to its fullest ability. This is why I believe in playing to win.