Escape

Myla - La Jara, Colorado
Themes: nature

Whenever I step outside I love to inhale a deep cleansing breath of fresh air. As of late, I tend to choke due to the frigid cold temperatures of the night when I venture outside the door. Whenever I go outside it’s like I’m stepping into a whole new world. I finally get to breathe and cleanse my soul from the stuffy, overly crowded indoors. My most favorite part of the day, which I believe in being outside, is at night time. It is almost like therapy to sit out on a bench or swing and just gaze up at the multitude of stars. Escaping into a universe that no one else can go except for me; leaving all of my troubles and worries behind. Escaping and going to my own personal heaven from the world that never sleeps around me. For I am now in a place I call my own. Whenever I look up at the stars I like to imagine that someone had a lot of diamonds and just dumped them out all over the midnight sky that each and every speck is some kind of a precious stone made up of its own unique design; looking like they are winking in and out of a light, depending on the rays from the sun that hits them at that particular time and point billions of miles away. I could just gaze up in wonder and awe at the work of art above me for hours and hours on end.

While I can see the stars easily enough from where I live back in Bountiful Colorado, the picture painted in the night sky while being in the mountains is another sight to behold all together. When I’m up in the mountains, I feel like I’m so close to the stars that I could just reach up and touch the stars with the tips of my fingers. That if I so

wished I could just climb up and become a part of the painting itself. Thus, I’m leaving all worry and woe behind in the world below my two feet.

The stars are lucky, you know. If they wish it, to leave or move from their place or situation at hand they can. All they would have to do is fall or shoot them-selves clear across the vast galaxy; landing wherever the gravitational pull of the universe decides to place them (at least that’s what I like to think). To leave, never looking back, and having no second thoughts. They are truly lucky to live in such a carefree world. If possible, I would ask the maker of the stars to grant me entrance into such a world. For how I would truly love to lose myself, up there, somewhere in the midnight sky. Thus I would forever be in my favorite place outside, amongst the stars. I believe in the power of being outside, escaping within the stars.