Boldly Go…

Michael - Van Nuys, California

I believe that anyone can still boldly go where no one has gone before, where people still can set the limits of their own imagination and set forth in doing, in achieving, and in making a difference. That even in the 21st Century, there are those looking towards the future and seeing things that haven’t come to pass just yet but anticipate it like a mighty ship readying to set sail.

I believe people still hold the hope of a better tomorrow. That even though we have harnessed the energies of the atom and have created great weapons of power and influence that we look to the stars knowing that it isn’t going to end one day in a catastrophic explosion. That even in a turbulent environment like today, we can look forward to a utopian world where disease, war, hatred, and pettiness is replaced by the grand ideals of bettering mankind.

I believe that no matter what life throws at us, whether a monkey wrench to the best laid plans or to a road less traveled, you must be agile and mobilize yourself to achieve the end task no matter what. That people accept others for who they are and not what they see in their skin color, hear in their voice, and feel in fears of the unknown. That they embrace the difference between all of us and celebrate the diversity we all live in.

I believe that it is not the end destination we look forward to but the journey that takes us. That time is the companion that walks along with us in this journey and the experiences never come again. Even though all good things must come to an end, we look forward to the great unknown of the final frontier after our endgame. And even if we ponder what we leave behind or wonder about those turnabout intruders that lurk within our fears of existence beyond our planet and lives, these are the voyages that make us human.

Boldly go, this I believe.