Happiness is

Chloe - eagle, Idaho

Happiness is a way to live your life; it’s a manner of travel not a destination. Being happy only lasts a minute, but having the right mindset can lead to a life lived to it’s fullest. Happiness is all about how you decide to live your life. To make your day better, little things can make you excited; it’s the way you plan your life that gives you happiness. When I see my friends part of my day gets a little brighter. I know that only I can determine my ultimate mood. Knowing that my family loves me gives me warmth. I have many things that make me very happy, and thinking about them makes me realize a few things about happiness itself.

I also find myself happy when I’m driving around in my car. When I’m alone, I can sing and enjoy myself, or sort out thoughts. Or I can always pick up a friend and drive anywhere, without a destination in mind. With plenty of time to dance to music, take a nap, or make each other laugh, we can enjoy our ride on road trips to places unknown. A good conversation with someone you care about leads towards happiness.

Friends create color in my day. Whether we laugh, cry or sit in silence their company is appreciated. I’ve gone through many different hardships with friends, which only makes us stronger. I can always depend on my friends to go out of their way to make me smile when I’m down. I can also expect them to laugh with me when we’re together. The best way to share happiness is with a smile. I know that I don’t have to worry about them judging me, and being myself makes me happy.

When I’m at home, I find many familiar activities that keep a smile on my face. For instance, whenever I wake up I’ll get out of bed and open my screeching door to a little noisy kitty. She’ll follow me trying to rub her face on my legs as I walk out of my room. After my day’s over and I come home I always know that my dog will be awaiting my arrival through the garage door. She always acts tough by barking and watching the excitement in her tail really makes me laugh. I will always be able to depend on someone at home for a shoulder for when I’m feeling down.

To live a happy life, is to be able to smile and laugh at yourself and with others. Simplicity is key. Another way to simply make someone smile and give them a better day is to give them a reason to say thank you. Give them a good tip, share something that you love with them, or even something as simple as just holding the door open for them.

I personally believe that happiness is more a mindset rather than an emotion. In order for one to be happy, you need to realize that you must be in that state of mind. People who are the most unhappy, are the ones who sit and try to go out and do things to be happy. For me, I’m happy just knowing that I have a loving family, and have things to look forward to everyday make me happy. In the end, only you can cause life-long happiness. If you put yourself in the mindset that you want to live a happy life, you will. Do things you love, let the people you love know that you love them, and the rest will fall in place. Happiness is feeling that life is beautiful and worthwhile, not because you get what you want, but because of the realization that life itself is enough.