All Protein, All Sugar All the Time

Gillian - Rosemount, Minnesota
Themes: carpe diem

All Protein, All Sugar All The Time.

Everyone should live life to the fullest. We only live it once.

There are people who mold, and shape their life around material things. Kids whose parents have more money, and their new Hollister sweatshirt but I think they’re wasting their time. They should be out having fun and letting loose. Where’s the fun in walking though life? I’d rather be dancing through it.

As the saying goes, “Dance like no ones watching, sing like no ones listening and live as though heavens on earth.” That’s what I live by; you may often see my friends and me walking down the streets shouting stuff like “Elk” just because it’s fun to say. We’ll make scenes at malls laughing so hard people stop and look at us and often ask, “Are you okay?” But honestly, I wouldn’t want it any other way. My life would be boring and dull if it weren’t for my friends running a muck of my nonexistent reputation.

My parents are the ones who helped me realize I this. The way my dad always says stupid stuff to my friends, like the time we were making these marshmallow bombs that sort of looked like a popover but greasier. He offered us some and we said, “Dad… That stuff looks disgusting it could like DRIP fat!” and he looked at us rolled his eyes and said, “Ladies these, are ALL PROTEIN ALL SUGAR… all the time” We glanced around the kitchen, and saw a bottle of bleach on the counter and I said, “Uhmm dad? Why is there bleach on the counter when you’re cooking..?” He shook his head, raised his finger to his mouth and shushed us, saying “You saw nothing…” we laughed so hard we started crying and I realized, he is living his life to the fullest, having fun at every moment possible.

After my sister and I would have a fight my mom used to tell me, “You don’t have much time left with her; she’s going off to college soon, and if you keep fighting with her, she may not want to come home.”

So there is no more bickering in my life from here forward. I could be doing so many better things with my time. I will always be making the best of any situation. I believe I am living my life to the fullest.

I would hate to be another carbon copy girl, those girls we all know who look the same, act the same, say the same things, and pretty much think the same. Though claim to be different. That’s not me, that’s not anything I’d want to be.

So I will wear my electric striped neon knee high socks. Root for our marching band and go to their every competition. Wear I <3 Christafer Drew tee shirts but hang with people who wear their Motley Crue and Metallica. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I believe I am living my life to the fullest.