I believe in being me!

Emily - Rosemount, Minnesota

I believe in being me!

I love being me because I am who I want to be. I once went to school and a friend asked me why I didn’t say swear words. I looked at her and told her, “I think it makes people look unintelligent, but this is my opinion.” Well, my dad was actually the one who told me to believe in myself. My family and I all believe in acting in our own ways. My parents and sisters love me for who I am. I love being myself.

When my dad said, “Swearing makes people look unintelligent.” I thought he was completely right. About a week or two later that friend asked me why I didn’t swear. I told her the same thing my dad had told me. The look she gave me was a look of pure insanity. I just went back to what I was doing because what I said was my opinion. I will always be respectful and care about other people’s feelings’, this is why I am not willing to swear.

Later that week, my dad asked me if I wanted to go walking in the woods at my grandparent’s house, or if I wanted to go shopping at the Burnsville Center with my mom. I told him I wanted to go walking in the beautiful woods at my grandparent’s house. My family loves me for who I am. I would truly rather go walking in the fresh air of the woods on unlevel ground with sticks scratching my face and ticks jumping into my hair, than go walking in air conditioning on concrete. I love the feeling of fresh air being pushed through my hair, and I love being outdoors. I am really not the kind of girl to take twenty minutes for my hair and another twenty minutes for make-up. I love to be natural, be who I was born to be and let others see who I truly am.

I am very independent and like to work in small groups of people. I love doing big projects, but only with one other person most of the time. I like things organized and in the right places all the time. I am always organized; I go crazy if my papers are unorganized.

My family is a huge reason I can be me. They give me the support to do well in school and accomplish my dreams. They always tell me they love me more than I love them. My mom and dad goof off with me which makes my life fun. My sisters help support me in everything I do. My family always makes me feel loved.

Even if people tell me I should be this or that, I will only who I want to be. I will always be the outdoorsy person I am right now. Living in the freshness of trees and in the comfort of my family, I am me. Everyday no matter tough or easy or tough I will always believe in me!