Finding Peace in Forgiveness

Alexis - pearl river, New York
Themes: forgiveness

I believe that in order to live, we must learn to forgive. I think that in forgiveness, we find peace. Everyone makes mistakes and needs a second chance at things. I feel that it is important to forgive because if you are angry and don’t learn to forgive, you will hold all that anger inside and you will become bitter towards every aspect of life, but by forgiving you get a sense of relief. If you forgive you and the person will be able to move on with your life.

In high school there is always drama and rumors being made up. This year a friend of mine lied to my close friends and I and made up a story that affected all of us. Naturally, we were angry, but we still felt sympathy for her. Later we then found out that story was a lie. We all were all very irritated, and the apprehension between her and us grew. We were all living our lives with rage. We soon decided the best way to fix all of this was to talk out our differences. We all sat down, talked things out and forgave her, and agreed to be civil. Before the talk, I was always be angry when I saw her. Now we are fine and I feel more relaxed.

Because there is no more drama or tension and we all have moved on in our lives. I feel more relaxed and happier. I have learned that fighting and holding in your emotions truly can make you more stressed and upset. But by releasing them and moving on, you can live your life. There are many situations in my life that have caused me to learn this lesson. As stated in the bible “Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you” This will be the way I will always live my life, because in forgiveness we find peace and that is what I believe.