Societies Reject

David - Bridgeville, Pennsylvania

In the midst of the repetitiveness of our everyday lives a strain often comes upon everyone, and in the midst of our troubles we often turn to what some would call a benevolent force somehow guiding us through everything. Now some people may say that this force is the life fabric that keeps them alive, others may say that this mysterious force is an entity known as God who helps those who help themselves, and still others like myself say there is nothing. I’m not here to beat around the bush and indirectly state my opinions when it comes to the beliefs of the churches of mankind, I’m being blatantly direct: I believe there is no God. Some people in the world may find this extreme, and to those people I say keep your opinions. Many people in the world today are blinded by what the government and the media has done to our society, and personally I believe that belief in a god is no longer necessary. We are “divinely governed” by ourselves. In the time the many of the worlds religious texts were written the world was a different place, people were less civilized, they needed to believe in something to explain the world that they lived in, but today we understand it. Before the time of Galileo mankind did not understand theories of physics that we know today are fact, people needed an explanation, and what better way than to explain that there is a “mysterious force governing our world”! But today we have a better understanding of the way things work, and this is why I believe there is no reason to worship an entity which has caused nearly every single war that has ever pitted mankind against mankind. Now I am not here to denounce the beliefs of others but merely to attempt to make the world be at peace. I’m not saying that everyone should have the same beliefs, because that would be impossible, but that rather everyone just stopped caring about differences. Tolerance is one of the biggest issues facing mankind today, and although many groups are widely accepted today, such as communists and homosexuals, there are still many groups that have not gained the favor of society. Which brings me to the main point, now although I stated before one of my beliefs that is not my main point. The point I a trying to make is that everyone needs to understand a little thing called differences and tolerance. I know this sounds like the stereotypical Miss America garbage but its true. So many things would b different if the world as a whole could overcome obstacles such as religion, race, political views, and so on. So just as an example look at me, I’m an atheist, I believe in socialism, and I have several very close friends who are homosexuals. Now I know that some people upon hearing that statement probably cringed, and that is exactly the type of behavior we need less of in the world. We need to overcome the differences that society has cause us to forge against each other over the past 2000 years, and if we can pull that off, who knows what we could accomplish as a species. Now as I said before I am not here to push my views on anyone, but to merely give a different outlook on a common situation, through the eyes of societies rejects.