This I believe… Ida DeJoannis at 103 –
Feb 10, 2009
1.Everything Italian is the BEST!
2.You are what you eat.
3.Raising dust must be avoided.
4.The hard way is the best way.
5.I know better than the thermostat.
6.Sponges are useless. Get a damp cloth.
7.Eating bitter vegetables makes for a sweet heart.
8.Everyone looks better in hats.
If you’ve got a hat face, wear a hat!
9.Refined sugar is evil. (it’s the devil’s work)
10.Royal Jelly is divine, and good for you too.
11.We should never eat processed foods. Processed foods! Ooooh!
12. I don’t need much room: I can live in a closet.
13. Greta Garbo was right; “I want to be alone”.
14. If you eat the right things, you don’t have to take drugs.
15. Doctors do not know how to keep us healthy.
16. We must care for all the poor homeless dogs and cats in the world.
17. There is no valid reason for vivisection of animals.
18. Wrap anything that leaves the house in two (2) bags so neighbors can’t see it. The neighbors don’t need to see what you’re taking out of the house.
19. Grapefruit should be heated before serving. Place the fruit on the stove burner. Make sure to put a cover on it so it heats faster. This will not shock your “system”.
20. We should use gifts from friends when they visit so they will know we like them, even if we don’t!
21. Things we don’t need must not be thrown away; they should be given to “a good home”.
22. Punctuation should be used sparingly and words should flow like poetry.
23. Magazine covers get dirty and should be removed.
24. Your appearance at home does not matter; appearance outside the home is very important (bella figura).
25. Washing machines are for sissies; real women do it by hand.
26. Every hour of sleep before midnight is worth 2 hours after midnight.
27. Eating breakfast will shock your “system”.
28. Chew each mouthful 27 times.
29. Dandelion leaves are good for you.
30. Know where your food comes from. It’s all about food. Did I mention food?
31. Garlic is good for you; never mind the taste.
32. Grow your own vegetables if you can.
33. Salad dressing means oil and vinegar.
If you enjoyed this essay, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to This I Believe, Inc.