I Believe Miracles Happen

Sarah - Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Albert Einstein once said, “There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; or you can live as if everything is a miracle.” I really believe in this quote, and I try to live like everything is a miracle. Miracles happen all the time all around you, even though it’s hard to notice sometimes.

Miracles happen every day. They are always happening all around you. You may not notice it, but life’s smallest miracles are always happening. Our perfect universe is a miracle. It is in perfect balance so that Earth can sustain life. In addition, each new day is a miracle. Every sunrise and sunset, every time it rains or snows is a miracle that people don’t think of.

All miracles are not always small, everyday things, though. Great things happen to people, and their lives can be changed. Lance Armstrong is a famous cyclist who discovered he had cancer several years ago. Anyone who has cancer is deeply affected by it; it is a horrible disease to have. Armstrong went to see a doctor in hopes of curing the cancer, but the doctor was almost sure he would not live through it. But he did not give up. He fought it and fought it, and eventually he recovered from the dangerous disease. He continued with his cyclist career and won the Tour de France several times. Miracles don’t always have to be small.

People all over the world are constantly walking right past or ignoring life’s miracles. They don’t even know what they are missing. Everyone is so focused on their own lives and getting things done quickly that they totally miss life’s little, and even big, miracles. People hardly stop and think or look at what’s truly beautiful in life. Next time you are hurrying to get off to some place in record time, think about taking the long route so you can really enjoy what the world provides for you. Don’t take anything for granted. Enjoy life and what is has to offer.

I believe miracles happen because anything in life that is absolutely beautiful or unbelievable is part of something bigger than we think. If you look closely at the beauty in the world then you will see that it is more beautiful than you thought. So always keep your eye out, slow down a bit and pay attention to life’s miracles. They are all around you and you don’t want to miss out.