Big Dreams Lead To Big Things

Erika - Denver, Colorado

If you take a look around the world you will notice that people who dream big and want to do big things in life usually end up with what they want and end up living a happy life. Also if you look around you will notice that the people who dream small and never strive to be all they can be usually end up living with a life way different than they wanted. I have witnessed both of these situations first hand which is why I believe big dreams lead to big things.

This belief of mine has proved me right every time I’ve used it or gone against it. Two other people I know know that from first hand experience this statement is true. Their names are Melinda and John one of them was always a big dreamer and the other was always a small dreamer.  Growing up John was never a big dreamer he did less than the best. He had big dreams but never thought they could ever come true so he never tried to reach those dreams. He had small dreams because he didn’t want to be disappointed if his big dreams didn’t turn out. His biggest dream was to be a doctor but he never thought it would ever be possible so he tucked that dream away and tried not to think about it. In the end John ended up getting what he worked for and never had dreams about instead of becoming a doctor he became an orderly at a hospital.

It really makes him regret not dreaming big and thinking that he could do anything because everyday he has to see people who dreamed big and who accomplished his secret dream. Dreaming small ended up giving him what he worked for a small thing, it’s a regret he has to live with but after learning this tough lesson he has now learned to never dream small and ended up becoming a doctor. John has learned to dream big and realized that dreaming big will always bring something big.  

Now Melinda didn’t have to learn a big lesson or go through as much as John did to get what she wanted but she did realize that if you dream big you will get something big. Melinda was the kind of person who always had big dreams and always worked hard for those dreams. Melinda always knew that she wanted to be a doctor and always worked hard for it. She never stopped and thought that her dreams wouldn’t come true and that they weren’t possible which is what got her to achieve those dreams. Dreaming big has gotten Melinda something big. She may not have had to go through nearly as much as John did and didn’t have to learn it the hard way, but they both were taught the same lesson and now live a happy life because of it.  

From their stories I have decided that I believe big dreams lead to big things and I live my life by it. I’ve learned that if you strive high and believe in yourself and believe that you can accomplish any dream you will get big things in life and end up living a happy life without regrets. I want to be happy in life and know that I got everything I could so when I dream I dream big.