Is It Really Worth It?

Rosylind - Stockton, California

Everyday I jump into my car to go to point A, to point B, and then hoping to return to point A. I think as, most Americans who have this privilege to drive really hope that they will return to their final departure. We do not anticipate in having a bad day and getting angry. The person who is driving behind you is blowing their horn for you to get out his or her way; you look at your speedometer an see your doing the speed limit, so you continue to proceed wondering what is wrong with that idiot. The driver behind you decided to rush pass you and merge in front of you to slam on his breaks for you to rear end his car. I ask is it worth it, to lose your life or to become permanently handicap or to take someone else life? Is it possible for us to think for just a few seconds and review this scene? Here is someone driving behind you blowing his or her horn at you like a idiot, you look down to see that you are really doing the speed limit. At this point is when we need to think before we react out of emotions. Lets see could there before something wrong with this driver, could there be a emergency, is this person just a road hog? No matter what the reason maybe you first have to recognize that you should move over and let this person go by because it could lead into you making this person who seem to be ill rational even more dysfunctional. If this other driver actually is having to deal with an emergency their nervous and adrenaline is already flowing high leading to make errors and mistakes. If this driver is being a road hog then this is not a responsible driver and you should get out the way and let this idiot go by. It is okay to let someone go a head of you even when the driver does not deserve to go ahead of you. It is not worth losing your life on the road. I know human nature is to do every thing fast, to be first, to be the winner of all things. I tell you, you are the winner when you make that decision to let that foolish driver go pass you, you have just made a decision to live another day. Life is winning.

Now, for the foolish drivers who speeds and blow their horns at other drivers, do you value your life? Is it that important that you cannot go around the driver who is following the law? Have these foolish driver gave any thought to how the other driver might feel or what that person might be dealing with? It only takes a few seconds to make another driver nervous or aggressive which neither is okay. In that few seconds why you are blowing your horn that driver is distracted and he or she takes their eyes of the road for one moment to cause a fatal accidents. Is it worth it, to lose your life or to have someone to lose his or her life? Life is so precious and we take for granted. Think of all the consequence that follows. This will be someone’s parent, sibling, Aunt, Uncle, Wife, Husband, Mother or Father life you will be ripping apart all because you take life and not give it a second thought. The next time you start up your car make it a conscious decision to make it back a live. Every driver should think about their own life and their future, but most important drivers’ should take time out to think about others. Life is to short to be a road hog or someone who is just to stubborn to let another car go ahead. Just think we will be able to return to our love ones who expects to see you smiling face one more time.