Always There For Me

Desiree - North Andover, Massachusetts

“How do you think you did on the test today?“ Mom always asks, when there’s a test. A hero is different to every person. To me it is someone you look up to and admire. My hero is my mom, Gail because she is supportive, tries hard, and is determined.

My mother dropped out of high school when she was sixteen years old, but went back to get her GED. She has a degree in electronics technology but is now working at getting her bachelors degree in education, while working as pre-school teacher. Also, when I get in fights with my friends she keeps me away from them and doesn’t make me sit in the house while my friends are outside, she brings me out places.

My mother said she decided to change careers after having me so she could be home with me and because of the medical problems I had. She also takes care of my dad, who is disabled and helps anyone who asks her for help.

She also takes me on vacations and does things with my friends and I as much as possible. My mother never complains and even though she’s tired at times she’s always there for me and anyone who needs her.

Parents are supposed to stand behind their children and help them grow up to be good adults. My mom is my hero and I hope I grow up to be a great mother and friend like her.