I believe that after death you continue living on Earth

Maria - Barcelona, Spain

What will happen when you die? Are you going to go to heaven? Are you going to become an angel? Many people believe many different things and none of the beliefs are wrong because it’s impossible to know the truth.

I first believed that you went to heaven to live with God if you were a good person, as my religion says, but being a good person doesn’t mean helping the world; only you and the people that surround you. That’s something, but something is not as much as everything or nearly everything. Since I was little, my ambition has been to become famous, to be remembered, but not for being a pop star or an actress, but for helping the world: fighting against poverty, helping animals in extinction, inventing something to stop CO2 to help the environment… So for me, helping only your family, your friends, etc, isn’t enough.

I don’t know when or how I started to believe that after death, your soul moved into the body of another living thing that was being created on Earth, it could be an algae, a tiger, a flower, a bacteria, a poor or rich person, anything. You may think this belief is really stupid, but as I said before, it’s impossible to know the real truth so no belief is wrong. I believe this because it makes me think that when I die, I can become something that is less fortunate than me, such as a poor child in Africa thirsty, drinking muddy water from the ground, a cow which is born to be killed, a tree which is going to be cut… If you were one of those, wouldn’t you like someone to take care of you or to respect you? That’s my reason for helping the world. My belief will help me in the future to fight against racism; donate money to help animals which are slaves of people or in extinction, to found NGOs…

Every month I receive a BBC magazine about animals and in it you can donate money to help bears which are made to dance in the street and have a piece of metal around their paws, tigers which are being hunted, turtles which are becoming extinct because of humans occupying the beaches where they lay eggs, thousands of kilometers of wilderness which is being destroyed by people, etc. Now I can’t solve this, but when I get older I want to work in the best university in the USA and help to discover something to stop the CO2 reaching the ozone layer and discover materials which don’t contaminate. With the money that I’ll earn, I promise that half of it will be donated to animals, poor people and vegetation. And this way, in my next life I will be a living thing which will have a grateful life thanks to a person called María Castañer who helped to save the world.