the good with the bad

brittinie - palmer, Alaska
Themes: work

I always had been lucky when it came to life. I had a good family, which gave me what I needed and more. I never struggled with poverty, and always had another chance. We also moved around a lot since we were a part of the military. Growing up in this environment was one of the best things that ever happened to me. It is simple, but nothing can compare. Back then it was all blissful fun and games, but since I had such a good childhood something that had to balance it out. So later on in life I had it much harder. My parents had an unexpected end, grades became an issue. If I had a C, I would be grounded from everything. To be social meant dealing with everyone’s drama. But no matter how much I’m struggling now, I think it was worth the childhood I had.

I believe that the best things in life come at a price. Because if I was just given something what is the importance of it? On the other hand, if something had to be sacrificed or worked for, then the value of whatever was acquired went up. When I went to new schools I would make a few friends, but soon move away. Now, since we stopped moving I’ve gotten to know people. It’s a lot better to have close friends, but also a lot of pain comes with them. I get in fights with my best friend on regular basis. I love that we are friends, but I pay for it by the emotional stress that is required keep that friendship. Also when we fight my grades drop, I get depressed, and my attitude provokes my family. It’s always hard and sometime I can’t stand it. But any pain is worth having her as my best friend.

Everyone can relate to growing up. As age increases, so does the responsibility. When I first drove a car I felt free but tense. There are so many rules to follow and at first it was hard to do, then all right. All the training was worth getting my permit. This will soon become my license. Another thing I always loved was the feeling of getting a new house. You have to move away from friends like I did when I left Georgia and came to Alaska, but having a place to call your own gives an aura of achievement that almost anything is worth the expense. All the best things in life are earned in someway, and how much effort is put into the work to get what you want to achieve, shows how important is.