You Get What You Put In

TJ - Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Themes: work

Society is simple. You work, and then you get paid for what you have done. Whether it is a job or just plain hard work, you are always getting rewarded for your hard work. Your reward isn’t always good, it might be bad, but there is always something you get back for the work you have done. That’s why I believe that you get what you put in.

Hard work always pays off by what you get back. In a job, you get paid for your work, or by how many hours you have worked. If you do your homework and study hard, you will have good grades, but if you don’t your grades will suffer. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, so if you don’t put anything into shooting, you won’t get anything back in scoring. The more you lift, the stronger you will get, and the more you practice, the better you will be at something.

Before the baseball and football seasons, I worked my butt off. Before football began, I lifted weights and ran sprints during the summer. I woke up everyday at 7 a.m. and worked out at the school to get better. It was terrible and very hard, and I dreaded everyday I had to wake up and go workout. In the end, I started at cornerback as a payoff for my hard work. After the football season was over, I started working out again to prepare for baseball. Everyday after school, I went to the rec center, and lifted weights. The reward for my hard work, when tryouts came around, I made the sophomore team.

Next, I had a really hard math teacher last semester. At the start, I struggled in the class because of my laziness, and my grade suffered. I decided that I really wanted to get an A, so I was going to work really hard. I did my homework, and studied hard every night. My grade slowly started to improve. At the end of the semester, my hard work in the class paid off when I got an A.

It is obvious that any work you do is rewarded with something either good or bad. Good if you put in hard work and bad if you don’t put anything into it. I worked really hard in my sports and school, and I was successful. If you want something in life, you will need to put hard work into it and you will get it. That is why I believe you get what you put in.