suffering shapes us into how we are today

ryan - 80126

When people suffer they are sometimes not aware of its power. We often over look the effects of suffering because we do not take the time to look at the changes it makes in our lives. When looking at the effects of suffering we need to look at the fact that we all have good days and bad ones then we have to see how we get to those points. When we are happy we never want anything to change. The change from our happy state is caused when suffering awakes from its dormant state. Not everyone finds that happiness is so easy to maintain. Many people go through a great deal of suffering and change before they are able to find happiness. The suffering that people go through can be as simplistic as suffering to save for something you desire or as complex as suffering through life to achieve a greater goodness in the next life.

We have all suffered to save to purchase something that we think might make us happy such as an Ipod or perhaps the newest video game. The happiness that is achieved by this suffering is usually limited and only satisfied by the desire for something else that leads to more suffering. The suffering by some people has a great deal more meaning and its effects are longer lasting. People of the Hindu faith and in the caste system believe that you should strive to become one with god and to reach that state you have to suffer though your life’s journey. It is also not just the suffering but how you deal with the suffering and how you treat others that will determine how you will live your next life. So if you suffer well and treat other beings with respect you will be rewarded in your next life.

Suffering is a very powerful force that changes all of our lives in many directions. Some suffering is minor but still effects what we do, such as purchasing something that we think might make us happy. Other suffering has a greater effect on lives like the loss of a loved one or how we might live our next life depending on your beliefs. One thing is for sure life is full of happiness and suffering, the changes that happen after the suffering help to shape who we are and what we can become. The quote by John Mark Hick’s has a great deal of inter meaning that applies to all of our lives.