This I believe

Mariah - Eagle, Idaho

I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.-Albert Scheitzer. We all believe in something different then someone else and we all also believe in things. I believe we all need to believe in something to have goals in our life. One of the many things that I believe in is service.

Threw out my life I have been told by my parents to help out someone and my response would be how much are you paying me? Through out the years I have learned that when you help someone it is also helping you. The worse thing in the world for me is to do yard work I hate it, but my parents make me always do it. My parents would some times pay me for mowing are two acres of land. But when we would go help out my grandparents with there yard they wouldn’t pay us. I was about eleven years old when I learned that are world would not have the good people that it does today if people did not serve. I was at my grandparents house pulling weeds when my cousin’s came over and started to help, it was a long day of pulling weeds out of there whole garden. When we went inside of the house my grandma had made us cookies. My grandpa had a stroke seven years prier and was paralyzed on the left side of his body, so he couldn’t help with the work. Me and my cousins sat down at the table and had cookies and milk, my grandpa started to talk about service and all the different kinds there are and he talked about when he served in World War 2 and how he served a mission for are church. Then he talked about how he helped out the elderly people when he was a teenager. He went on telling us that he started doing service because his parents made him, and then as he got older he started doing it by him self. And know that he is not able to do things by him self and has to have help with the smallest things he is starting to realize how important service it.

Service still is not my favorite thing to do, and I didn’t think much of what my grandpa had said that day, until my grandpa passed away about two years ago. And every time I think of him I think of what kind of person he was, someone that loved to serve his country, church, and the people that he lived around. I try when ever my parents ask me to do something to do it with out being told a second time, and when ever there is a chance to help some one out do it. I believe that only great people can come through service. This I Believe.