The True Miracle.

Courtney - Angleton, Texas

They say that depression is something anyone can over come with a little help. They are wrong. Depression destroys a human’s soul in a matter of time, and is like looking into the face of the Fallen Angel. Depression is something that those who are not strong enough,fear is permanent.

It is Frbruary 6th, 2009 and I am running. Running from the pain my pounding heart can no longer withstand. Tears of defeat swarm around my blistering eyes as I run into the hands of darkness, lit only by the midnight sun. My legs collapse beneath and I fall for what feels like forever. Flashing blue and red light’s stream ahead of me,the colors of my sanctuary. In the midst of the moonlight and ambulance lights, I see the face of my mother. Crying in agony as my body is lifted onto a stretcher and into the bed of an ambulance. I’m being taken away. Somewhere safer,I pray.

I awake to beeping sound. As my eyelids open, I find myself to be resting in a hospital. I take a breath in to call for my mom, but in that same second I hear her voice outside my curtain. Quietly, I arise from my bed and listen. She is talking to a cop. He tells her that he has no other choice,he must make the call. What does he mean? I listen closer,my heart pulsing like that of a running lioness. The words that that young man spoke that night still today bring a fright to my dreams. “Mrs. Crall, your daughter will be transferred to another hospital tonight. A Psychatric Ward in Houston called Intracare Hospital. I’m sorry.” As I heard those words, I lost it and thrashed out. Nurses and doctors surrounded me like wild animals going for the meat of their prey. I scream in pain and anger as they inject a needle through my skin. The fast beeping on the heart monitor machine slowed again as I fell into a tranquilized sleep. Beep…Beep…Beep.

They say that the miracle is not to fly in the air, or walk on water but to be able to walk this earth strong and on your own. They are right. It is February 13th, 2009. I have been at Intracare Hospital for 6 days now. My doctor informs me that today will be my last day. When I left the parking lot and proceeded onto the highway, I turn in my seat and look back on the hospital that change my life. The number one thing I learned while in that hospital was that the life given to us by nature is short, but the memory of a life well spent is eternal. So live your life for the moment and never think that there is no way out. There is always a way out for those who are willing to max out their capabilities and fight the emotions that tear them down. This, my friend, is what I believe.