The Way to Cope in Life

Eve - Melbourne, Florida

I believe that humor and laughter can be a coping medicine. I can say that humor and laughter helped me through some of the worst times in my life. Such as the death of my best freind Jenny who was killed by a drunk driver along with death of some members who died of lung disease, a sky-diving acciden, and heart failure. I know that after dealing with the loss of these very imporant people in my life, remebering the happier times I spent with them and laughing again about those particular times helped me to cope. I have become a stronger person and I can deal with pain a lot better as a result of these experiencess. Another aspect of my life in which humor helps me is the stress related to school: last year was very diffcult for me, but my dad and sister sopke to me and told me that I was not the only one going through stress at school. They told me that everyone goes through this academic stress. I think that at the end of unpleasant day I like to sit down and watch a comedy or have someone make me laugh: it always helps me feel better. I believe that if you read a funny book and it makes you laugh that it also helps you heal. In addition, I believe that humor and laughter makes life complete and more enjoyable. If you don’t have humor and laughter in your life, it is not only incomplete but it would be very boring, too. I always keep humor and laughter in my life no matter what I am doing, whether it is being around family and friends or just going about my business. Humor and laughter can make anyone feel better and gorget his or her trobules even if it is only for a short time. When sonmone takes the time to make me hapy when I am sad, it reminds me that I should do the same to others. This is what I believe: we cannot live without humor and laughter in our lives.