I believe Hate is a lie

Courtni - Columbus, New Jersey

I Believe Hate is a Lie

What is hate? The definition of hate, courtesy of Webster’s dictionary, is: “an intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury: extreme dislike or antipathy; loathing.” Some say hate is just not liking something at all. Others say hate is when you think that the world would be a better place without something or someone in it. My personal belief is that all of those definitions are wrong, for the simple fact that there is no such thing as hate. If you have said the phrase “I hate,” you’re a liar. I’m a liar.

I’m a liar. I lie every time I say I hate homework because I don’t actually hate homework I just don’t like doing it. I lie when I say I hate peas. If I were in the jungle and hadn’t eaten for days and I found some peas I would love them. I even lie when I say I hate the color pink. How can you hate a color? I don’t hate pink I just don’t find it attractive.

I lied when I said I hate my sister. I remember that day. I don’t remember why I was mad. I don’t remember what my sister did to me. I don’t remember if I had a reason to be mad. I do remember being angry and ripping up her homework. I do remember shouting, screaming, yelling, and having one goal set in my mind. My goal was to hurt my sister all I wanted to do was to see her cry. I had done everything to hurt her and it seemed that nothing even slightly affected her. So, I lied to her. I said I hated her, and looking back now… I regret it. I remember seeing her cry.

I believe there is no such thing as hate. How could there be? There is not enough anger in one person to actually hate somebody. There is so much in the world to love, and you don’t have to put forth any amount of energy to be content or even love a person or thing. God made this world and everything in it. How could you hate what God made? You can’t.

There is no such thing as hate; it doesn’t exist. There is love, excitement, and boredom. I do think it is possible to dislike something or someone, but life is easier seeing the good in things and people. I love my sister and I can honestly say I never hated her. If you have ever said the phrase “I hate,” you’re a liar. I’m a liar. Hate doesn’t exist. Hate is a lie.