i believe strong desire leads to fulfilment

Baasanjav - skokie, Illinois
Themes: change, work

I came to the Unites States of America two years ago, to fulfill my desire. I believe that strong desire leads to fulfillment. I was born Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. After socialist government fell down in my country I was 12 years old I was walking on the street with my younger brother, I saw children who are working hard and doing like adults’ job. Some of them were smoking. Suddenly two older boys came up and robbed their money and went out. At that time I thought I am going to become a police. I think that was my first desire becoming a lawyer. I have two reasons why I believe strong desire leads to fulfillment.

The first, my father who is very strict and honest man influenced me to become a lawyer. He observed that I would like to become a police and he bought me some interesting book about crime. He suggested me lot of interesting books and if he has a time he use to talk to me about illegal action or crime. Also he explained me why people must be honest and fair. All of those things pushed me develop my desire which is becoming a police. After few years I finished my high school and entered police academy of Mongolia, was thinking my dream fulfilled, but when I getting experience in the police department I changed my desire because I observed how the police violate human rights. For instance; when the police works with suspect, they treating illegally and beat them. As a consequence, changed my desire and I started to wish becoming a human rights lawyer. Two years later our teacher who graduated in his bachelor degree in the America is told us about human rights, freedom and individualism. I could not imagine, only I had strong desire to study about “what is freedom and human rights.” in America. I talked to my teacher privately about individualism he said “individualism is everyone has independent desire no one can constrain their mind.” I really wanted to study to America but I could not speak English. I talked to myself finally my desire won. I tried to get visa to study America but embassy refused to me first time. After few months I tried again and got a visa to study America. Now I am here studying English in Chicago for two years. Subsequently I realized what my teacher was talking about. Even though I came to U.S , I don’t have enough knowledge about individualism and human rights. I have to study more and more. This I believe.