i believe in jumping in the water

austin - sonora, Texas
Themes: carpe diem

Some people are scared to take chances. I like to live my life on the edge, like there’s no tomorrow. If I have the option to sit and be quiet, or stand up and sing to the world, I would choose to stand up and sing.

It irritates me when people are scared to take chances, or commit to something. “Don’t live your life scared”, my dad would always say to me.

I believe in taking chances. I believe in jumping into the pool first, not walking in slowly. What is the point of getting in the pool if you’re not going to take it head on? This is a good way to overcome your fears. This is also no way to live your life. If you live like this, than the only place you’ll ever get is working down at the village market.

“Go big, or go home”, this is the phrase that I love to live by. I first heard this phrase when my friends and I were riding our dirt bikes, and there was a beastly jump that no one wanted to go off. So I (being the person that I am) volunteered myself to go off it. My best friend Kegan, told me to “go big, or go home”. So I listened to him, I hit the jump with the throttle on the floor. I went off the jump and ate the landing. I broke two ribs and dislocated my shoulder. All my friends ran over to my corpse, and scarcely tried to move me. They got me into the car and rushed me to the hospital. As I was lying in the bed I started counting the number of unicorns and bears on the wall. I got to number 15 when Kegan came in. He apologized numerous times. I told him to quit apologizing, because that was the most fun that I’d had in a long time. I thanked him for telling me to “go big, or go home”. I got out of the hospital a couple days later and went back and landed the jump.

This experience showed me that you can’t live your life scared, and if you do, then you’ll never get anywhere. And you’ll never have any awesome scars to show. I believe in jumping into the pool first, not walking in slowly.