Out of My Mind

John - Putney, Vermont

Out of My Mind

I believe in living outside the lines. Living out of my mind to me means living on the edge or not being a perfect person everyday of my life. I am not a perfect person and I don’t try to act like someone I’m not. I believe that life only happens once, so why waste it on the inside?

I believe in being a good person. I feel that am a good person, but being perfect all the time isn’t me. I live out of my mind to have fun and experience the wonders of the world.

When I was a freshman, I got into some trouble with a couple of my friends, Alec O’Dette and Chris Kobel. We were bored one day and decided to go to Vermont Academy and cause mischief. We rustled around in the football teams locker room and took some things out of there bags just to be ignorant. We all ended up getting caught and I got in big trouble. It wasn’t the smartest thing in the world to do, but in some ways I don’t regret doing it. I believe that living out of my mind gives me a chance to experience things in life that a perfect person could never experience. I agree that what I did was wrong and I shouldn’t have done it, also that I don’t have to break the law or get into trouble in order to live out of my mind. Living out of my mind is like a new experience in life, I will never know what will happen until I try new things.

I believe that I’ve learned a lesson by getting into trouble, but that doesn’t mean I will stop experiencing new methods to life. The lesson I learned was to stay out of trouble, and I believe I should. Getting in trouble with the law has taught me to experience new things by doing them innocently, not by ruining my life with unnecessary acts of crime.

Living out of my mind is something I strive to experience everyday. I believe something new and thrilling will happen to me in a good way, if I push to experience as much as a possibly can in life. Reflecting back on my experience of getting into trouble, I realized that I have learned to deal with situations more thoroughly and responsibly. This gives me the knowledge to learn from my mistakes and live out of my mind at the same time. I’m not a perfect person, I’m only me, and that’s all I need to be through my exhilarating journey of experiencing life to the fullest.