Is There Such Things as Second Chances?

Angel - San Diego, California

Is There Such Thing as Second Chances?

“If you have made a mistake, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not falling down.”

Everyday when I get some time to myself I stop and thank the lord for endowing upon me what I like to call a second chance in life. I personally believe in second chances from personal experience. I would like to suggest for people to stop and open their eyes because new opportunities are thrown at you all the time. It’s just that now in days people are blinded by what’s going on in the world that we don’t even notice the things that really matter.

I encountered my second chance to change my way of life when I became a high school freshmen. Before that I wasn’t really damaging my academics that has always been my strength in school. In my past I did bring fights upon me repeatedly. Going back to middle school I faced several illegal activities and a federal offense. That was the first time somebody gave me a second chance. My school could have pressed charges on me and could have put me away until I turned 18, so they said. They said that they wouldn’t because they saw strive and potential within me. When I graduated from that school I faced all the head administrators which I thought I hated and thanked them all for never giving up on me, and doing everything in their power to lead me in through the right path.

So that same summer I made up my mind about what I wanted to do with my life. So I set to straighten myself up. I had a few bumps along the way. I got in a fight my second week into school. My last thing that I did was that I managed to hustle a hustler. That is what I am famous for to several teachers because my former English and public speaking teacher found out about it that same day. That’s when it really hit me that I wanted to have a better life than my parents did, I have to maintain my grades and convert my attitude. So far im doing great. School is better than ever I don’t get in trouble anymore and I found love at last. So yes there is such things as second chances out there for everyone you just have to reach out and grasp them. This is what I learned throughout my high school. People make mistakes on the daily only because god didn’t make us flawless we are quite the opposite. Therefore we are granted with second chances occasionally and it’s just up to us if we want to take them or not.