Cheyenne - Denison, Kansas

This I believe that even when things don’t go as you plan that you can and will pull through it. Being a teenage mom has taught me a lot of things. It wasn’t part of my life plan to become a mom at 15 but it happened and I’ve accepted the responsibility of it. These are some other things I believe in that I will tell you more about: I believe that even when you have hardships you can’t just give up, I believe that sometimes changes is good and I believe that the positive things are more important than the negative things.

This I believe that even when you have hardships you can’t just give up. I’ve faced many hardships for only being 17 years old. Some of my hardships have been managing my time with school, work, and taking care of my son. Yes, I plan to go to college after I graduate and become a Radiology Technician. But it will take more time than what I had planned before my son came along. I don’t for one-minute regret keeping him though because he has taught me how to be a better person and to be who I really am because I know he’ll love me no matter what I do. My life has had many changes, too.

This I believe that sometimes change is good. My life has drastically changed since my son was born and all of the changes have been for the good! I’ve had to change the way I look at life and the way I act around my son. I know that he looks up to me and watches my every move so I have to set a good example for him. He has stopped me from going to parties that could’ve gotten me in trouble, he’s impacted my decisions I’ve made, and helped me know what priorities are important and what aren’t. But even though he wasn’t expected, he has definitely been a great blessing! He’s pulled both my boyfriend and my family together and taught us to look for the good things in life and enjoy everyday because you never know when your last day will be.

This I believe that the positive things are more important than the negative things. Another thing my son has taught me is to also look at the positive things in life rather than the negative. A month before my son was born my boyfriend’s dad and aunt were both diagnosed with cancer (one pancreatic and one colon). Every since that day we’ve be thankful for every day that is given. Even though we struggle sometimes with money and stress, we still smile and enjoy life no matter what. So we look at all the good things in our lives instead of the bad. In order to look at the good more than the bad you have to have good friends, a wonderful family and a positive attitude towards life!

These are all the things I believe and I hope that they have helped you look at life in a better way! Even when you get the unexpected always make the best of it! I know times will be tough and it may seem like forever before they get better but everything has a reason in life! And everyone should embrace everything that happens because who knows when your life could be taken. This I believe that even when things don’t go as you plan that you can and will pull through it.