This I belive basketball

Tiffany - Bloomington, Indiana
Themes: sports

This I Believe Essay

I Believe in a passion that drives everyone my passion is Basketball. Basketball has taught me a lot since I started playing for Tri-North last Fall. It’s taught me about how practice is important and if you don’t practice your gonna suck. Basketball has also showed me that hard work pays off and nothing happens over night. You have to work hard at practice even when you’re tired. Basketball isn’t just a physical sport you have to be able to think clearly when you’re playing offense, defense, or have the ball in your position. If you don’t take care of the ball or don’t think clearly you could cost your team a game.

Basketball also teaches determination at least that’s something it taught me. Basketball requires you to run up and down the court, and trying to get steals from bad passes and lousy ball handling, and getting in a sweet spot on the court for a good shot. It takes some determination to keep going and play your hardest. Basketball also teaches determination in weight lifting. When Basketball season was going we lifted weights 2 to 3 times a week trying to build up are legs and arm muscles. It takes determination to keep doing bench press and military press when your arms fell like they could turn to Jell-o The last way Basketball teaches determination is shooting. Shooting takes a lot of focus and concentration. You have to be able to block the crowed out and listen to your coach and teammates.

9 out of 10 people will be injured while playing a sport. Basketball is no different than other sports, but I have also come to believe that sitting out do to an injury can just drive you harder in the next game you get to play in. Are coach said “Basketball is a contact sport”. That means your going to get pushed and other stuff and you will probably fall. I fell and severely sprained my wrist then had a mini surgery on my shoulder area. I felt like the next time I played I had to make it up to my coach and my teammates for all the sitting out I did. I think those injuries drove me harder and when I was released to play I was pumped. In the game we played against Center Grove I didn’t get to play much at first, but when I got in I tried my best not to get out.

The last and most important thing basketball has given me new friends. Instead of being at home I was with 15 other people who loved the sport as much as I did. Basketball gave me new friends and made friendships that I already had grow. When you’re stuck in a gym everyday except Sunday your going to talk to people and make friends.

In conclusion I believe in a passion that drives everyone one is Basketball.