Cook-outs; what family’s do.

Brooke - Bellows Falls, Vermont
Themes: family, place

The smell of hotdogs and hamburgers fills the air; the sound of laughter goes through one ear and out the other. The sight of family mingling together makes my heart pound with joy.

I believe that cook-outs bring family and friends together.

During the summer time my family always goes to cook-outs. Everyone even non-family members come. I love the feeling of having everyone that I care about come together and enjoying themselves. Eating and drinking, playing touch football, and running around.

The summer time is my favorite time of the year. The hot weather, swimming, playing mini-golf and of course ice cream!

Whenever the warm weather comes rolling around, we start our cook-outs. My family cook- outs are always at my uncle’s parent’s house, which is huge by the way. They have a gigantic front yard, and an even bigger back yard. Everyone on both sides of the family comes to the extravaganza. I love hanging out with my cousins, they are always so much fun.

I can remember one time when we had a cook-out and my cousin brought me on the four-wheeler and we went up a huge hill and got tons of air, when we landed he pushed me off slightly and my leg got scrapped all the way up from the tire. Even though this wasn’t a good experience I still loved going back every year and doing it again; without getting hurt.

My family is crazy, whacky, silly and weird but I love them. When all of my aunts and uncles get together it becomes insane. Since my family lives all around we never get to see each other very often, so when we have these cook-outs it really brings my whole family together for a day of fun and relaxation.

I look forward to having these family cook-outs every year. I love being with my family, even though I say they can be annoying and weird, they are my family and I love the crazy times we have.

I believe that cook-outs bring together family and friends.