Never Back Down..

Weslin - Star, Idaho

The frigid wind blew hard against my face and body. My eyes watered, my muscles are tired and weak. My lungs feel as if the force of gravity is pressed down upon them; it’s hard to breath. I’m trying to catch my breath for the next four hundred meter hurdle set that I have to run. Our rest time is short between sets and as soon as I catch my breath, another four hundred steals it right back from me. My fellow hurdlers are struggling to, but our determination to beat our allied hurdlers overcomes our weakness. My coach calls my group to the start line, only one more. That little voice tells me that I can’t do it, I can’t go hard. I encourage myself to run this last lap to the best of my ability. I WON’T give up.

The time starts and I am off, running hard against the wind. It’s so hard to make my legs go, so hard to step that hurdle. As long as I don’t crash and burn I should be ok for the day. Suddenly, I get a burst of energy. My mind told my body to sprint the last 80 meters of the lap. I felt so good that never gave up on myself and I accomplished a hard workout.

I believe in never giving up. We all hit those lovely walls of self doubt every once in a while. It happens to me every time I struggle with anything and as long as I keep my head in a positive mindset, I know I can overcome my struggle and make progress. Friends and teammates help out a lot. Having their support and inspiration every day keeps me going. Even if it is just a hard track workout, they are still there to run it with me and encourage me to keep going. I stay positive and encourage others at all times, especially if I see that it helps them get their spirit up. I always smile and praise my teammates during and after practice.

Keeping a positive outlook on any or all challenges that come your way will not only help you make it through that challenge, but it can make you a better person mentally and spiritually. If you think positive then positive things will come to you or happen to you. Not a lot of people are open to positivity but it never hurts to get excited about something. Positivity also helps in school. Tell yourself, I will do well on this test or I can get this subject, no problem. Staying positive is the key.

With a combination of a positive mindset and a never give up attitude, great things can be accomplished. It could be a faster time in track or an amazing grade on a test. Whatever it may be, if you think that you can do it, then it can happen. Never give up, never back down, and accomplish the unimaginable.