I Believe Everything Happens for a Reason

Aharon - Great Neck, New York
Themes: purpose, setbacks

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Although the true meaning of an incident may not present its self openly, it will always turn up at the end. A few years ago my mother and my sister were in a car crash. Though my sister was not injured my mom was in critical condition. She was then rushed to the hospital and was brought back to being stable. They then inserted a hip and neck disk into her body. Though many people think of this incident as a pure accident some people such as me might think of this as something else. I thought this accident happened for a reason to show us something to or to tell us something but there was no sign of that. For months my mom was in tremendous pain. Her screams would wake me up in the middle of the night and the slightest touch to her neck might cause her the greatest pain.

So there I was day and night hearing my mom’s dreadful screams and her aching pains. For those past months, I began to take away that thought of a reason for that accident. A few years past and my mom had to get a scan of her body to check on the body parts that were hurt by the crash. I thought it would be an easy in and out procedure and there would be no sign of anything wrong. But then Doctors found a tumor in my mother’s thyroid and that tumor was cancer. I didn’t know it was cancer till 2 weeks before the operation. But my mother looked normal like there was no such thing as cancer or there was no scan or not even an accident. But I sensed something was wrong. The operation passed and the tumor was successfully removed.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. In my case my mother was in a car crash which caused a scan of her body which led to a tumor being found. If my mother was never in that accident then they would have never found that tumor and I wouldn’t have a mother today. As I said before I believe that everything happens for a reason. Though it may not present its self out in the open and it may not show itself in the most peaceful way but, it will be found. These things happen for a good reason not to harm us or to punish us but to help us through life and show us the right path. I’m not saying that every car accident has a specific purpose or every incident has its own meaning. But what I’m saying is that these things happen all around us and though they might not affect us directly at the end it will probably affect us. I believe that everything happens for a reason. This I believe.