L-O-V-E

Megan - Palmer, Alaska
Themes: love

People say love is hard to come by and you may or may not find it. No matter how long I have to wait or how old I will be, I believe in finding my true love. I may not be a love guru, but I know I don’t need to go to extreme heights to search for “the one”

In the past I’ve had many relationships, but they never seemed to last for very long. My worst trouble with guys has been communication because I usually felt that my life wasn’t important enough for anyone to associate with, which lead to dead end relationships.

I also had a few guys who only liked me for my body and not the special qualities I could bring into a relationship. I would get frustrated over the effort I would put into a relationship and not receive the same in return. In the end I felt sad, worthless, and not motivated to seek new people, but my life changed drastically by one talk with a good friend during a basketball game.

I kept thinking that he could be a potential boyfriend. I’ve known him since his freshmen year in high school, and he was in my bible studies class. So I decided to take the opportunity to open my heart to love again. My good friend is now my good boyfriend, and I like the new spark we’ve created. I now feel more appreciated by someone other than my family and friends. I can tell him anything, and I love the optimistic presence he brings into a room.

In this relationship I almost can believe that friends can become lovers. I’m not sure if this is true love, but for now, it’s pretty close. All I know is at the end of the day I say to myself, “Yes, this is the relationship that I want in my life.”