Considering in perfection?

Ria-Ashley - Los Angeles, California
Themes: question

Consider in Perfection?

What is the whole point of the word “perfect”?Everyone views it the same way and people in our society think it is important to believe in a word. As I watch a TV reality like “America’s Next Top Model” or “ American Idol” the producers make perfection such a big deal that it influences a lot of people. And they always have another season, it really doesn’t make a difference if they are just going to make another one. This is why I believe perfection is just a disillusion that everyone wants, but can’t really grasp it, just by sitting down and watching people act like they’re perfect doesn’t mean much.

The way I learned this belief is mostly people’s actions in what they do to achieve perfection. Watching them go through it makes me wonder if they are happy about what they did to get there. People like my grandma helped me to realize that when I grow up nothing really depends on perfection but your happiness. They don’t have you stress about every little thing. Because my grandma would tell me “that I only want you to be happy”. Old people like her, who are so wise, say those sorts of things because they know its true. In all of her stories, I would notice that she would want every turn out to be perfect but it wasn’t the case when you can’t control what is going on.

The feeling you get when you just failed at trying to grab perfection. I felt that

way when I couldn’t get to confess to this one guy. Everything was planned out in my head, it was kind of crazy but by doing this I reassured myself that it would be a success.

So as I went to up to the guy, in my gut I felt this awry feeling twisting in turning I knew from that point it wouldn’t go smoothly. He had said “You’re not impressing to be my girl.” and I had replied “all girls aren’t born perfect or special. It’s the girl’s personality that counts.” I was so ashamed to ever like a guy who believed that girls need to be impressing.

Its true that people feel that they want something that can’t be obtained. You can control your thoughts but not an illusion that you’ve made up because that’s not reality. That’s when I felt this feeling of enlightenment. You can call perfect a word but in the end its just a label for something that is a let down. Perfection is just a word to describe what you want in life and its tough to realize that it doesn’t exist.