Equality and Friendship Leads To Great Expectation

Idrissa - Hawthorne, California

When people talk about beliefs, it is supposed to mean realistic beliefs and not just something you say you believe in. Many people believe in different things; some people believe in Buddhism. If you want to know what I believe in stay tuned and keeps reading my essay. This is just a little bit about my beliefs: my belief is in equality and friendship.

In my own world, I believe in equality and friendship. I believe in a whole lot of things, but these are two beliefs that I truly believe in. I believe in equality because I think everybody deserves equal rights. I believe that every one of us deserves human rights and the pursuit of a better life. I don’t just mean any rights; I mean human rights and educational rights. In case you don’t know what pursuit is, well I am going to tell you a pursuit is the act or instance of pursuing. I believe in equality because not every person in the world is being treated the same. People deserve equality because they want to be out in the real world without being afraid of people not talking to them like they don’t have rights. When I first came to this school, I wasn’t treated equal by my fellow school mates so I asked myself something: why am I not being treated the same as everybody else here? Is it because of where I am from or is it because I am new to the school? I was being picked on and being made fun of both in and out of class. One day I stood up for myself and started calling the kids names, the same names they called me. we all became friends and started to hangout with each other from then on! I was treated the same as everyone else. So, now I come to my believe in friendship.

Friendship is a way of showing respect to your friends. When I thought of friendship, I thought of love. Love in friendship is caring about all the greatest fun you can have with a friend. Having friends around can be fun because we relate to things, and we have fun in our own ways. I also think about friends being their for each other. When I first came to the United States, I experienced a lot about abandonment. In my first month living in the U.S, I used to have a friend of mine that I used to go to the movies with every Saturday until one day when he abandoned me because he thinks joining a gang will make him more powerful. When he joins a gang, I told him I do not want to be his friend any more because he is a gang member now. The next day, he told the gang members to go after me. Three of his friends tried to jump me in the street, but there were two of them so I was to fight back for myself. Being a friend is supposed to be about being their for each other and not go behind the back of someone and becoming a back stabbing friend. A true friend will not do the thing my ex-friend tried to do to me. He has being shot two times, and I feel bad for him. The expectation that it led me to is I don’t have any gang enemies behind my back that will try to kill me. The main idea is try to stay away from bad friends like the ones that I use to have.

In conclusion, equality and friendship is important to me because people try to have there rights, and want someone that can be a true friend, not a bad one. The importance of friendship is very rewarding because they advise you and lead you to great expectation and corrections. The importance of equality is that people will start respecting you if you stand up for yourself. That’s what I learned. My reason for my beliefs is important because I believe in a true friend and the right of equality.