life is a blessing

Kenneth - Bloomington, Indiana
Themes: family, setbacks

2 years ago, my dad, my brother, and I were going to pick up my step brother and step sister and take them to Bloomington. When we got there we picked them up, and headed back to Bloomington. After Rushville we arrived Shelbyville. We went past the high school and BAM we got t-boned by a big black truck. The driver was a volunteer fire fighter at the fire station close to where we got hit. The guy that stayed with us till the cops got there said that he wouldn’t be able to stop even if the roads weren’t so icy.

When the big truck hit us it busted the 2 driver windows and we went into a sign and it almost busted the front windshield. Also if the truck would’ve have hit it a little bit sooner or after me and my dad would have been in the hospital fighting for our lives. When we started to leave our dad asked if we wanted to stay at a hotel or keep driving till we got to Bloomington, we said to keep driving so we could get there a whole lot sooner.

So when we got to the next town, we stopped at walmart to get some eye drops for my brother because there was a piece of glass that scratched the inside of his eye lid. While we were still at walmart we got something warm to eat, and pick up a blanket so we could stay warm while we were driving in the blizzard. We spent 2 almost 3 hours driving home that night only reaching about 30 miles an hour. We got home around midnight and when we did my dads hand was frozen but it un-froze 5 minutes later. I also got some hot chocolate that way I could stay warm.

We woke up the next morning and we were just fine except that my sister and I’s wrist was really hurting. Now today a year after the wreck we found out that a bone was broken bone in my wrist now I have to have surgery in 4 days. I believe that what ever life throws at you, you should be ready for it. Although I was scared when the wreck happened I was still ready for it.