Words Can Hurt

Alexa - plainview, New York

“Words can hurt”

This I believe is that words can truly hurt someone. I believe that no matter what you say to someone, positive or not it will have them thinking. When you say criticizing words to someone there most likely going to remember what you said. When people become upset by words said to them it could really hurt their feelings and cause them to have less confidence in themselves.

I believe that people should think before they speak. If people think about what there going to say to someone before they actually do it they could also think about how that person might handle what you’re saying to them. You also have to know how sensitive the person you’re talking to is. If the person is sensitive you should be prepared that they might take what you have to say more seriously then others. You should also just be more careful about the things you say to them and make sure it’s the nicest way of saying it as possible, if you’re not trying to hurt them. There’s a difference between actually saying something to purposely hurt someone and hurting someone by accident. Words can truly hurt someone and can cause people to feel bad about who they are as a person, and even become depressed.

I believe it’s wrong to use words to hurt someone. If you wouldn’t want someone to say hurtful words to you why would you ever what to hurt someone in the way that could cause them to feel less then you. Words shouldn’t be used in a mean way, if you’re mad at someone you should use your words to explain how you feel and not just jump to the conclusion of being mean and hurtful to someone. Words can be very strong and have a big impact on someone’s emotions. When words affect someone it could change the way they dress and or act, they can become depressed and feel less of themselves. It’s not good to bring down someone’s self-esteem.